ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager
Master the implementation of a Risk Management Process based on ISO 31000:2018
ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager enables you to acquire the expertise to support and lead an organization and its team to successfully identify, understand and manage a Risk Management process based on ISO 31000. During this training course, you will also gain comprehensive knowledge of the best practices used to implement a Risk Management framework that provides the foundation for designing, implementing, monitoring, reviewing and continually improving a Risk Management process in an organization.
After mastering all the necessary concepts of Risk Management, you can sit for the exam and apply for a "PECB Certified ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager" credential. By holding a PECB Certificate, you will be able to demonstrate that you have the professional capabilities and competencies to effectively manage a risk process in an organization.
- Managers or consultants seeking to master their skills to support an organization during the implementation of a organization-wide Risk Management framework and process based on the principles and recommendations of ISO 31000
- Professionals responsible for the creation and protection of value in organizations through effective management of risks
- Expert advisors seeking to gain comprehensive knowledge of the key concepts, processes and strategies of Risk Management
- Risk Management team members
Delivery and duration
- Week days: 5 consecutive days (traditional), including the Certification exam on the morning of the last day
- In-house: 5 days. Your location, your date ! Contact us to organize your in-house training
- Self-Training: Learn at your own speed, on your own schedule and on your favorite device. Click here for details
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO 31000, IEC/ISO 31010 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Master the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques used to manage risk within an organization
- Learn how to interpret the ISO 31000:2018 principles and guidelines in the specific context of an organization
- Learn how to establish an effective risk communication plan and a risk recording and reporting process
- Acquire the expertise to support an organization to effectively manage and monitor risk based on best practices
- Exam and certification fees are included in the training price
- A training material containing over 400 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed
- A certificate of attendance will be issued to the participants
- In case of failure of the exam, participants are allowed to retake it for free under certain conditions
Day 1: Introduction to ISO 31000 and Risk Management process
- Course objectives and structure
- Standard and regulatory framework
- Introduction to ISO 31000 concepts and principles
- Risk types
- Risk Management framework
- Initiating the Risk Management process implementation
Day 2: Context establishment, risk assessment and risk treatment according to ISO 31000
- Context Establishment
- Risk Identification
- Risk Analysis
- Risk Evaluation
- Risk Treatment
Day 3: Risk acceptance, communication and consultation, recording and reporting, and monitoring and review according to ISO 31000
- Risk Acceptance
- Communication and Consultation
- Recording and Reporting
- Monitoring and Review
Day 4: Risk assessment techniques according to IEC/ISO 31010
- Applicable techniques for risk identification based on IEC/ISO 31010
- Applicable techniques for risk analysis based on IEC/ISO 31010
- Applicable techniques for risk evaluation based on IEC/ISO 31010
- Competence, evaluation and closing the training
Day 5: Certification Exam
Examination and Certification
The "Certified ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager" exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of Risk Management
- Domain 2: Risk Management framework and process
- Domain 3: Risk communication and consultation
- Domain 4: Risk recording and reporting
- Domain 5: Risk monitoring and review
- Domain 6: Risk assessment techniques based on IEC/ISO 31010
The "Certified ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager" exam is available in different languages.
For more information about the exam, refer to PECB Exam Preparation Guide
After successfully completing the exam, participants can apply for the credentials of Certified ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager, depending on their level of experience.
A certificate will be issued to the participants who successfully pass the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to the selected credential.
For more information about the certification process, refer to PECB section on ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager
Our next training activities
For additional information, click on the city's name or on the trainer's name. To sort differently, click on the title of a column. For all questions, please feel free to contact us.
November 2017 - Brussels, Belgium
''Thanks a lot for a very good course, preparations, presentations, and content. It has really exceeded my expectations. It is a great experience and I look forward to further collaboration with you. Some of our partners can definitely benefit from the courses you provide."
March 2017 - Prague, Czech Republic
''Excellent. The instructor kept us motivated and involved.''
"Just to let you know this was really worthwhile and would suggest we role this out as part of our competency matrix."